|By Marketwired .||
|January 7, 2013 11:17 AM EST||
ATLANTA, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/07/13 -- Joshua C. Toll has been appointed to the position of pro bono counsel of King & Spalding, the firm announced today. He replaces partner William E. Hoffmann, Jr., who retired from the firm in December 2012.
Toll, a counsel in the firm's special matters and government investigations practice, had been chair of the Washington, D.C. office's pro bono committee for the past six years. In his new role, Toll will be responsible for working with leaders across the firm to develop and execute King & Spalding's pro bono program.
"I am pleased that Josh has accepted this new role," said Robert D. Hays, Jr., chairman of the firm. "King & Spalding has a rich pro bono tradition, and we look forward to the leadership that Josh will bring to our pro bono efforts."
Under Toll's direction, King & Spalding's Washington office has had a number of notable pro bono victories, including overturning a death-sentence conviction on behalf of a Virginia death-row inmate, obtaining a major settlement to reform poor conditions at a D.C. public hospital and achieving 10 victories and settlements in the representation of indigent D.C. residents. The office also was recognized by the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit for outstanding public service in 2012.
Toll's practice focuses on government investigations, white collar criminal litigation, complex civil litigation, internal investigations and compliance counseling. Before joining King & Spalding in 2006, Toll was a trial attorney with the Office of the Public Defender of Maryland. He is a graduate of Cornell University and Harvard Law School.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 125 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 800 lawyers in 17 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.
King & Spalding
+1 212 827 4057
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks