|By Business Wire||
|January 7, 2013 09:43 AM EST||
European consumers are more likely to buy an Android smartphone during the next twelve months than any other of 22 key consumer electronics products, according to the latest ConsumerMetrix survey from Strategy Analytics. 19.3 percent of 4200 consumers across the four major European markets (France, Germany, Italy, UK) say they are somewhat or very likely to buy an Android smartphone. The next most popular products are portable PCs (16.4 percent) and the iPhone (16.0 percent). After these products there is a gap before a group of products in the 10-11 percent range, including smart TV, iPad and Android tablets and e-readers. Products which appear towards the bottom of the wish list include Apple TV, the major games consoles and internet radios.
“Personal computing devices like tablets and smartphones continue to capture the imagination of European consumers,” says David Mercer, Principal Analyst. “The notebook PC still plays a key role in the technology landscape, although our survey suggests that the Ultrabook form factor has so far failed to make an impact in terms of consumer buying intentions.”
The study also identified changes in buying intentions over the past six months. There has been a strong increase in interest in mobile phones in general, particularly in Germany and the UK. Interest in e-readers has also risen, but there has been a decline in intention to buy blu-ray disc players and portable Mac computers.
Editor’s Note: Strategy Analytics conducted an online survey, the ConsumerMetrix Survey fielded in October 2012. The sample consisted of n=4268 in Europe ages 15-74. Strategy Analytics weighted the data by country, age, gender and internet use to represent the US and European populations of internet users, respectively.
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides timely and actionable market intelligence focused on opportunities and disruptive forces in the areas of emerging technology, communications and media. For more information, please visit http://www.strategyanalytics.com/
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks