|By Marketwired .||
|January 7, 2013 08:20 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/07/13 -- Gold stocks have surged recently on optimism that policy makers would come up with an alternative to the upcoming "fiscal cliff." Gold prices have gained 6 percent in 2012, marking its 12th consecutive year of gains. The Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) spiked 3.36 percent on the last trading day of 2012. The Paragon Report examines investing opportunities in the Gold Industry and provides equity research on Goldcorp Inc. (NYSE: GG)(TSX: G) and IAMGOLD Corporation (NYSE: IAG)(TSX: IMG).
Gold futures surged 1.2 percent to end the year as news broke a deal to resolve the fiscal cliff was "within sight" according to a statement by the President. Prices for the commodity had been dragged down in December, down 2.1 percent for the month, as investors braced for higher taxes in the coming year.
"Today it appears that an agreement to prevent this New Year's tax hike is within sight, but it is not done," President Obama said. "There are still issues left to resolve, but we're hopeful that Congress can get it done, but it's not done."
Paragon Report releases regular market updates on the Gold Industry so investors can stay ahead of the crowd and make the best investment decisions to maximize their returns. Take a few minutes to register with us free at www.ParagonReport.com and get exclusive access to our numerous stock reports and industry newsletters.
Goldcorp is one of the world's fastest growing senior gold producers. Its low-cost gold production is located in safe jurisdictions in the Americas and remains 100% un-hedged. The company currently offers investors an annual dividend of $0.54 per share for a dividend yield of approximately 1.5 percent.
IAMGOLD is a leading mid-tier gold mining company producing approximately one million ounces annually from five gold mines (including current joint ventures) on three continents. IAMGOLD's growth plans are strategically focused in certain regions in Canada, select countries in South America and Africa.
The Paragon Report has not been compensated by any of the above-mentioned publicly traded companies. Paragon Report is compensated by other third party organizations for advertising services. We act as an independent research portal and are aware that all investment entails inherent risks. Please view the full disclaimer at:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks