|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2013 07:15 AM EST||
ST PETER PORT, Guernsey, January 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Online security is a major concern for internet users and it becomes even more of a concern during periods when they are more active online than usual - periods just like the Christmas holiday season. The team at advertSAFE are advising internet users to be as vigilant as possible online this winter.
AdvertSAFE is an online company committed to helping website users to improve their internet safety and security online. The company provides a verified online community for other internet users to join and participate in with the aim of making their internet use less of a risk when there are so many dangers out there on the web.
At Christmas, people tend to use the internet more than usual. Online shoppers use auction sites more regularly to buy and sell; online daters look for love with greater intensity; professionals look for jobs more avidly as the year comes to a close; social networkers engage in greater social activity and holidaymakers seek out deals on vacation sites or advertise their own properties.
These are all online activities that entail holding an account, setting up a profile or posting an advert. The team at advertSAFE want to make sure that the people who enjoy these activities and who step up their involvement in them around Christmas remain completely safe by being able to verify that they are who they say they are - and, perhaps more importantly, to ask others to verify themselves.
Millions of people use the internet every day without any real security measures in place beyond the basic anti-virus software and yet a high percentage of those people admit that they sometimes have reservations about the safety of their online activity. The experts at advertSAFE are keen to stress that being very active online without protection simply isn't worth the risk.
Displaying an advertSAFE ID badge is the perfect way for internet users to let each other know they can trust each other. It also makes them part of a community striving towards a more transparent and trustworthy world wide web.
SOURCE advertSAFE Limited
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher