|By Marketwired .||
|January 7, 2013 07:11 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, DC -- (Marketwire) -- 01/07/13 -- CES 2013 -- The Besen Group, an international mobile data industry management consulting practice headquartered in the Washington DC area, with representatives in Paris and Tokyo, announced today 4G MVNO key success factors.
"We recommend 4G MVNOs to perform a detailed market entry evaluation and develop a bottoms-up business case based on their licensed and unlicensed spectrum requirements prior to sign wholesale and managed services contracts," said Alex Besen, Founder and CEO of The Besen Group LLC. "This is not an easy task as it requires 4G MVNOs to have a solid understanding of the US mobile broadband eco-system, spectrum holdings and spectrum propagation characteristics of each wholesale mobile network operator."
The Besen Group considers Amazon, Apple, Earthlink, Facebook, FreedomPop, Google, Go Daddy, Jolt Mobile, Kajeet, Karma, Leap Wireless, Microsoft, Republic Wireless, Starbucks, Ting, and XO Communications as current and potential 4G MVNOs in the US.
According to The Besen Group, 4G MVNO key success factors are:
- Go-To-Market Strategy
- Existing & Loyal Customer Base
- Access to Licensed and Unlicensed Spectrum
- Management Team with Hands-On Mobile Data Experience
- Understanding of Mobile Data Networks and Spectrum Fundamentals
- Selection of Host Network Operator based on Spectrum Holdings, Spectrum Propagation Characteristics, Network Technology, Network Capacity, Coverage, Pricing Options, and MVNE & MVNA Partners
- Selection of MVNEs and MVNAs based on Service Portfolio, Multi-Operator Integration, Financial Strength, Time to Market, Scalability, Pricing Options, Telecom and IT Experience of the Management Team
The Besen Group offers the following services to 4G MVNOs:
- MVNO Service Portfolio (www.thebesengroup.com/downloads/MVNO.Service.Portfolio.pdf)
- MVNE Seminar (www.thebesengroup.com/downloads/MVNE.Seminar.pdf)
- 4G LTE Wholesale Seminar (www.thebesengroup.com/downloads/4G.Wholesale.Seminar.pdf)
About The Besen Group (www.thebesengroup.com)
The Besen Group is an international management consulting practice to the mobile data industry headquartered in the Washington DC area, with representatives in Paris and Tokyo. Its mission is to provide mobile data players with tools, knowledge, and services enabling them to perform optimally in their mobile environment. The Besen Group's competitive edge is based on practical experience with mobile operators, mobile vendors, and a mobile data laboratory.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks