|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2013 07:10 AM EST||
BATH, England, January 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
With most people likely to fall off the diet wagon during this week, dieters should forget the latest 'too good to be true' diet books and January detoxes and switch to Slimsticks; a revolutionary weight loss aid that allows you to lose weight and still enjoy eating the foods you love. Slimsticks is now available in Boots stores throughout the UK.
Slimsticks, contains Konjac, a European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) approved ingredient and is the only product in Boots with such a claim. EFSA-approval gives consumers confidence that health and slimming claims made have been thoroughly investigated.
Konjac is proven to help you eat less, reduce your weight and manage your weight.
Of the 44,000 products submitted to EFSA for slimming and health claims, only 222 were approved, with Konjac being one.
By now most will have fallen off the diets because they are continually hungry, but Konjac expands in the stomach, making the user feel instantly full. Drinking plenty of fluids keeps hydrating the Konjac and the feeling of fullness remains.
With Slimsticks there are no forbidden foods or no major adjustment to lifestyles like some diet programmes and they encourage people to eat smaller portions.
Registered dietician, Priya Tew, says: "At a time when talk of weight loss is everywhere, there is a real temptation to look for a quick fix or try the latest fad diet. It is best to avoid diets that encourage you to cut out whole food groups or substitute meals as these may result in short-term weight loss but ultimately lead to weight regain.
"My top tips are to cut out the dieting and set realistic, smaller lifestyle targets that are more likely be successful."
Here are Priya's Tips for 2013:
- Eating regular meals boosts your metabolism and helps you lose weight
- Boost your immunity with the true superfoods - fruit and vegetables
- Eat low glycaemic index foods to keep your blood sugars stable and your energy levels stable, like oats, wholemeal bread, lentils, pulses and beans
- Craving the sweet stuff? Make some healthier flapjacks, a handful of dried fruit and nuts, or yoghurt with a grating of dark chocolate
- If you have Christmas chocolates left over think about giving them away...eating them will not help you lose weight!
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher