|By Business Wire||
|January 7, 2013 04:00 AM EST||
Available today, SimpleTax is the only online self-assessment tax filing solution recognized by the HMRC that provides a streamlined alternative to the often inefficient, costly and stressful processes currently in place in the UK. SimpleTax makes it easy for self-employed people filing tax returns to save money and submit their returns online by entering information in just a few clicks. SimpleTax is available online at www.GoSimpleTax.com.
SimpleTax is the first of its kind in the UK and similar to the de-facto US tax filing solution TurboTax. The service is completely automated and as the only online service recognized by the HMRC, customers can be sure their information is secure. SimpleTax is the evolution of a similar service the team developed in Portugal which experienced notable success, with one-in-five self-employed taxpayers becoming a customer and resulting in average savings of £250 per tax return.
“SimpleTax was created with the needs of the 5.4 million self-employed UK taxpayers in mind,” said Celso Pinto, CEO of SimpleTax. “We have been analyzing the UK tax processes over the past year to develop a service that relieves the stress customers experience around tax season, while also saving time and money. SimpleTax is a culmination of this research and we’re excited to get it in front of taxpayers in time for the January 31st deadline.”
“Every year, many UK tax returns are filed incorrectly or after the January 31st deadline which is likely, in part, due to the complicated processes in place for those who don’t have an accountant,” said Mark Hodges of Horizon Accounts, tax advisers to SimpleTax. “The introduction of a taxpayer-friendly service is a significant step in simplifying the process for everyone who has to file their own self-assessment return.”
How it Works
SimpleTax allows you to quickly and easily file your taxes online in a way that is easy to understand, streamlining the complicated and lengthy processes currently in place. UK taxpayers create an account and can immediately begin entering their income and expenses, with SimpleTax doing all the work in the background making sure individuals are saving time and money.
Once tax returns have been completed online using SimpleTax, the information can be transferred and stored for future filings.
SimpleTax was created with self-employed taxpayers' needs in mind and helps them:
- Submit their tax returns ahead of the deadline of January 31st and at their own pace throughout the year so as to avoid paying late filing penalties.
- Understand why they’re paying this tax amount in a clear, logical way.
- Figure out ways of saving money on taxes, understanding that it’s often small things which go unnoticed and tend to add up.
Creating a SimpleTax account is free. SimpleTax is available free of charge for the first year, with subsequent filings costing £49 per tax filing. If users pay in advance for 2014, SimpleTax will provide 50% off.
Beginning today, individuals can use SimpleTax by visiting: www.GoSimpleTax.com.
SimpleTax is the only UK online self-assessment tax filing solution recognised by the HMRC that saves taxpayers time, money and stress. SimpleTax makes it easy for those required to file a tax return and submit directly to the HMRC quickly and easily. SimpleTax was founded by entrepreneur Celso Pinto in 2012. For more information visit: www.GoSimpleTax.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks