|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2013 12:37 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ubitus Inc., the worldwide technology leader in cloud gaming solutions, announced it is bringing console and MMO games to Google TV with low latency mode and broad range of gaming controller devices in the market.
TV is always the center of entertainment at home. As bandwidth quality keeps improving, it is foreseen there are tremendous opportunities to satisfy consumers' demand beyond existing TV/movie streaming services. By deeply optimizing for the Google TV platform to achieve low latency cloud gaming mode, Ubitus can enable OEMs to offer over-the-top (OTT) cloud gaming services to their customers at ease and timely.
Going forward, any Smart TVs and Set-top-boxes running on the combined solution will allow end users to access cloud gaming services with a single click of button. There are multiple benefits to end users:
- Instant convenience - Pay for the service, not product: Instant access to rich library of AAA and MMO titles on big TV screens without buying them all at once;
- Enjoyment - Game with friends, not computer: connect with friends from multiple locations with different devices to play the same game. This brings far more fun and convenience than previous scenario where all of the players must be using PCs with high CPU & GPU in order to connect to each other and enjoy the same game.
- Social sharing - Share your joy, not being alone: instant share your gameplay session with your networks and have fun together.
"Google TV is an ideal platform for cloud gaming and we have tackled the obstacles to achieving low latency streaming game experience with multi gaming controller devices support on Google TV," said Wesley Kuo, CEO of Ubitus. "This brings tremendous benefits to consumers, particularly with the increasing adoption of Smart TVs and new generation of Set-top-boxes in every consumer's home."
Ubitus will do live demonstrations of its cloud gaming solution on Google TV platform during CES in its private suite at Bellagio Hotel from Jan 8 - 10, 2013.
About Ubitus Inc.
Ubitus Inc., the technology leader in deploying Cloud-enabled rich media services, offers innovative cloud computing solutions for device manufacturers, wired/wireless communication service providers, telecommunication operators and digital content developers. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, the company now has over 180 employees and offices in United States, Japan, South Korea and China.
SOURCE Ubitus Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher