|By Marketwired .||
|January 7, 2013 12:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 01/07/13 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today unveiled fresh, new offerings, including the world's first display with integrated Beats Audio, the HP ENVY 27-inch IPS Monitor; HP's most affordable touch notebook PC ever, the HP Pavilion TouchSmart Sleekbook; and a pocket-sized storage device for wireless content streaming, the HP Pocket Playlist.
First standalone monitor with Beats Audio
The HP ENVY 27-inch IPS Monitor with Beats Audio has the power to perform and the looks to wow. Developed collaboratively with Beats by Dr. Dre, it provides a unique and immersive audiovisual experience. Built-in speakers angled upward deliver great midrange and high frequencies, with equally rich bass. The studio-quality sound on the HP ENVY 27 monitor allows consumers to hear music the way the artists intended.
The In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel provides a viewing angle of 178 degrees horizontally and vertically so friends can enjoy entertainment content without having to crowd in front of the display. Edge-to-edge glass, a super-slim design (13.95 mm thin at top) and a narrow aluminum base make the display look great in a home or office. Unique audio aspects, including a conveniently located headphone jack, subwoofer and digital audio output are included.
Thin and light notebook PCs for everyone
The HP Pavilion TouchSmart Sleekbook and the new HP Pavilion Sleekbook provide affordable performance in a thin and light package. Powered by an AMD A-Series APU, the newest HP Sleekbooks feature a 15.6-inch diagonal high-definition (HD) display;(1) up to 1 terabyte of storage for apps, movies, music, photos, documents and more;(2) Dolby Advanced Audio; a removable battery; and a numeric keyboard for increased productivity.
A full array of ports including HDMI, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 provide fast connections to mobile devices and accessories.
The HP Sleekbooks include HP TrueVision HD Webcams(3) and HP MyRoom for video calling and sharing photos a private virtual room. Optional AMD Radeon discrete graphics on select models enhance the gaming experience and improve video creation and playback.
The HP Sleekbooks also feature exclusive HP innovations, including HP CoolSense, which adjusts cooling levels according to a customer's personal preferences and results in a noticeably cooler PC, and HP ProtectSmart, which helps prevent file loss in case of a bump. HP Connected Photo powered by Snapfish by HP(4) and HP Connected Music powered by Meridian allow users to access their favorite photos and music seamlessly.(5)
These new HP Sleekbooks join the 14-inch and 15.6-inch HP Sleekbooks announced on Sept. 20.
Breakthrough entertainment device
The HP Pocket Playlist goes beyond what's expected from portable media storage and entertainment. With no internet connection required while streaming and no need for a data plan, this innovative portable device streams unencrypted content -- movies, music, TV shows and photos -- to up to five mobile devices at the same time.(6) This premium entertainment device acts like a home DVR but is smaller and lighter than the average smartphone, making it easy to take anywhere.
The HP Pocket Playlist comes with a one-month subscription to PlayLater,(7) a new DVR app for online content. This app allows prerecording of videos from more than 50 online websites for playback later without an internet connection.(8) The device holds up to 16 full-length movies, 7,600 songs or 10,000 photos, and plays to most Wi-Fi enabled Android, Windows® and iOS mobile devices.(6,9)
Innovative consumer and business monitors
The HP Pavilion IPS LED Backlit Monitor series (models 20xi, 21xi, 23xi, 25xi, and 27xi) brings premium-quality IPS technology to everyday computing at affordable prices. With upgraded 178-degree horizontal and vertical viewing angles, these displays deliver clear, vivid images across the ultrawide viewing spectrum. The monitors also are upgraded with a thinner HP industrial design, and connectivity that covers digital, multimedia and analog options. With unique HP features such as controllable power-saving modes and customizable screen settings with integrated HP My Display software, consumers can partition the screen so that multiple application windows can be open at the same time, while also saving user-preferred settings for easy startup.
The HP x2401 24-inch LED Backlit Monitor is a microthin monitor with MVA technology that produces wide viewing angles for vivid, consistent color. The monitor features an adjustable easel stand and L-connectors to keep cables in the back for a clean look, and includes DP/HDMI connectivity and a VESA mount. It has a brushed metal finish and is ideal for customers who value design innovation.
The HP U160 15.6-inch LED Backlit Display is 1.02 inches thin and made for the on-the-go business professionals who need a convenient, portable monitor for productivity. The monitor connects to any notebook with a USB port and sets up and folds down in a snap. The "flip and fold" stand deploys the monitor quickly and helps protect it while stored, making it ideal for mobility. Designed to share content and provide extra screen real estate, the monitor works with a single cable, allowing customers to easily work at the office or in a hotel room, restaurant, lobby or public meeting space.
The HP ProDisplay Series (available in 18.5-inch, 20-inch and 21.5-inch models) gives the everyday business display an upgrade. Practical, reliable and designed with energy efficiency in mind, this display has excellent front-of-screen performance for crisp clear text and images and more screen room to roam. A sculpted, soft black slender form almost vanishes into the background and keeps the vibrant images displayed on the LED backlit panel the main focus.
The HP ZR2330w IPS LED Backlit Display offers business-class performance at a budget-friendly price. IPS technology delivers brilliant color from almost any angle, and because this monitor is equipped with advanced connectivity, this display is perfect for multiscreen setups. VGA, DVI and DisplayPort inputs work with legacy and new devices while the integrated USB hub keeps peripherals close at hand. Flexible height, tilt, swivel and pivot adjustments offer true ergonomic benefits to customers so they can be productive throughout the day.
Pricing and availability(10)
- The HP ENVY 27-inch IPS Monitor with Beats Audio is expected to be available worldwide on Feb. 3 for $499.
- The HP Pavilion Sleekbook is expected to be available in the United States on Jan. 13 for a starting price of $479.99.
- The HP Pavilion TouchSmart Sleekbook is expected to be available in the United States on Feb. 3 for a starting price of $649.99.
- The HP Pocket Playlist is expected to be available on Feb. 15 for $129.
- The HP Pavilion IPS LED Backlit Monitor series is expected to be available Jan. 20 and will range in price from $129.99 to $339.99.
- The HP U160 15.6-inch LED Backlit Display is expected to be available later this month for $139.
- The HP ProDisplay Series is expected to be available next month and will range in price from $129 to $179.
- The HP ZR2330w IPS LED Backlit Display is expected to be available at the end of January for $259.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) High-definition content is required for high-definition images.
(2) For hard drives, TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35 GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
(3) Internet access required and not included.
(4) Snapfish by HP mobile app download and Snapfish membership required. Internet service required and not included.
(5) Availability of features varies by country. Streaming services may require a paid subscription. May not be compatible with all music files. Not compatible with DRM tracks. Internet access is required and not included.
(6) Assumes 2 GB per movie, 4.3 MB per song, 3.2 MB per photo.
(7) Available in the United States only.
(8) Once free trial ends, customers may sign up for a discounted annual or lifetime subscription to PlayLater.
(9) Requires iOS 4.3 and above; Windows XP/Vista/7/8; Android 2.2 and above, Kindle Fire and above.
(10) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft, Windows and Vista are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher