|By Marketwired .||
|January 6, 2013 05:00 PM EST||
RADIUM HOT SPRINGS, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/06/13 -- Today, David Wilks, Member of Parliament for Kootenay-Columbia, on behalf of the Honourable Lynne Yelich, Minister of State for Western Economic Diversification, announced federal funding for the Columbia Valley Cycling Society under the Harper Government's Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund (CIIF).
"Our Government, through the Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund, is continuing to support communities across Canada," said MP Wilks. "This project will create jobs, growth and long-term prosperity in our community."
Federal funding of $57,775 will help the Columbia Valley Cycling Society improve their outdoor facilities while creating local economic growth. Upgrades to the trails on Mount Swansea will include erosion repair, trail access improvement and wildlife habitat protection.
"Successes like this become possible when user groups partner with each other and with government," said Adrian Bergles, President of the Columbia Valley Cycling Society. "These funds will further important work towards the Columbia Valley Cycling Society's, and our partners', goal of making the Columbia Valley a regional, provincial, and international leader in responsible, non-motorized, trail access for the benefit of all."
CIIF supports, on a cost-shared basis, repairs and improvements to existing community infrastructure accessible to the public. Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) is delivering the Fund in Western Canada with an allocation of $46.2 million over two years.
Since 2006, the Harper Government, through WD, has invested in job-creating small and medium-sized businesses, aerospace, marine and defence industries, and supported innovative entrepreneurs in pursuing emerging markets. By continuing to promote new economic opportunities, WD is helping to create jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity.
A Stronger West. A Stronger Canada.
IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ANY PRINTED VERSION AND THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, THE ELECTRONIC VERSION WILL PREVAIL.
Regional Communications Manager
Western Economic Diversification Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia
Columbia Valley Cycling Society
Invermere, British Columbia
WD Toll-Free Number: 1-888-338-WEST (9378)
Teletypewriter (TTY): 1-877-303-3388
WD Website: www.wd-deo.gc.ca
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks