|By Marketwire .||
|January 6, 2013 03:00 PM EST||
WINDERMERE, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/06/13 -- Today, David Wilks, Member of Parliament for Kootenay-Columbia, on behalf of the Honourable Lynne Yelich, Minister of State for Western Economic Diversification, announced federal support for upgrades to the Windermere Community Hall under the Harper Government's Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund (CIIF).
"Modernization of the Windermere Community Hall will improve the safety of the facility and enhance local community services," said MP Wilks. "Our Government's funding for this project will help to create jobs, growth and long-term prosperity in our community."
The federal investment of $60,300 will help the Windermere Community Association upgrade the Windermere Community Hall. The project will improve the energy efficiency, structural integrity, and roof venting and rainwater evacuation systems of the Community Hall.
"We are delighted with the support from the Federal Government for the renovations to the Windermere Community Hall," said Anne Picton, Former President, Windermere Community Association. "We feel this will revitalize the Community Hall and it will become a much more used facility for all ages and groups. We sincerely thank Western Economic Diversification Canada and the Government of Canada's Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund."
CIIF supports, on a cost-shared basis, repairs and improvements to existing community infrastructure accessible to the public. Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) is delivering the Fund in Western Canada with an allocation of $46.2 million over two years.
Since 2006, the Harper Government, through WD, has invested in job-creating small and medium-sized businesses, aerospace, marine and defence industries, and supported innovative entrepreneurs in pursuing emerging markets. By continuing to promote new economic opportunities, WD is helping to create jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity.
A stronger West. A stronger Canada.
IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ANY PRINTED VERSION AND THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, THE ELECTRONIC VERSION WILL PREVAIL.
Regional Communications Manager
Western Economic Diversification Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia
WCA Secretary, Windermere Community Association
WD Toll-Free Number: 1 888 338-WEST (9378)
Teletypewriter (TTY): 1 877 303-3388
Website: WD is online at www.wd-deo.gc.ca
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks