|By Business Wire||
|January 6, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
Appuous Inc., a software development company founded by Wake Forest University freshman Austin Evers, today announced that it has released its first Mac application, Keycard.
Keycard allows you to pair your iPhone or other iOS device with your Mac to lock and unlock your computer. The app detects when you're leaving your desk, office, or room and automatically locks your computer leaving your Mac safe and secure. When you return Keycard unlocks your computer for quick and easy access.
Austin Evers, Founder of Appuous, said, “In designing Keycard, I wanted to create an app that would allow you to keep your computer secure without having to enter a password every time. In today’s world there are just too many passwords you have to remember. That’s why I developed Keycard. It’s undoubtedly the easiest way to keep your Mac protected when you're not around.”
Keycard requires no additional software for your iOS device and is available on the Mac App Store beginning today for $8.99 and can be downloaded at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/keycard/id578513438?ls=1&mt=12. Leaving your desk for 10 minutes? Grabbing a coffee in the library? Take your iPhone or other iOS device with you and it can serve as your own personal “Keycard.” Quick-Convenient-Secure.
Founded in 2009, Appuous set out with the mission to create iOS and Mac apps that are beautiful in their simplicity and innovation. We're passionate about creating software people love to use in their daily lives.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher