|By PR Newswire||
|January 6, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/-- CES Unveiled 2013 -- Atmel® Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML), a leader in microcontroller (MCU) and touch solutions, today announced it has won the 2013 CES Innovations Award in the Embedded Technologies category for Atmel XSense™ flexible touch sensor.
The prestigious Innovations Design and Engineering Awards are sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the producer of the world's largest consumer technology tradeshow. CEA has been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976. Winners were selected by a distinguished panel of independent engineers and members of the trade press. Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering honoree products are featured on http://cesweb.org/Awards/CES-Innovations-Awards.aspx.
"Atmel is honored to be selected by the CEA for this prestigious award, highlighting our commitment to deliver next-generation touchscreens that are thinner, lighter, edgeless and curved," said Mariel van Tatenhove, director of touch materials, Atmel Corporation. "XSense enables a new era of touch design that was only once imaginable."
XSense was selected for its revolutionary, highly flexible film-based touch sensor that will not only enable a new generation of smartphones and tablets, but also extend touch capabilities into a wider array of new consumer and industrial products. Optimal for a wide range of touchscreen products XSense enables thinner sensor stacks, and offers superior performance and excellent optical clarity. With such advantages as flawless touch performance, enhanced noise immunity, low sheet resistance and low power consumption, designers will now be able to turn unique touch-based concepts into functional designs at lower total system costs compared to current market alternatives.
More Information on Atmel
Atmel XSense Flexible Touch Sensors: www.atmel.com/xsense
Atmel YouTube Channel: www.atmel.com/youtube
Embedded Design Blog: www.atmelcorporation.wordpress.com
Atmel Corporation (Nasdaq: ATML) is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, capacitive touch solutions, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components. Leveraging one of the industry's broadest intellectual property (IP) technology portfolios, Atmel is able to provide the electronics industry with complete system solutions focused on industrial, consumer, communications, computing and automotive markets.
© 2013 Atmel Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Atmel®, Atmel logo and combinations thereof are registered trademarks, and XSense™ and others are trademarks of Atmel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other terms and product names may be trademarks of others.
Agnes Toan, PR Manager
Tel: (+1) 408-487-2963, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Atmel Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London