|By PR Newswire||
|January 6, 2013 04:32 AM EST||
LONDON, January 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Cruise and Stays expected to lead the way for the Cruise 2013 holiday market
- Flexible holiday experiences providing customers with more bang for their buck
Travel experts at Thomas Cook have announced their forecast for the year's biggest holiday trend. Thanks to increased flexibility and great savings, purchases of Cruise and Stay holiday packages are set to soar in 2013.
While most travel sectors continue to decline in our tough financial climate, 2012 industry growth sat at around 5% for the cruise market. Much of this success can be put down to the popularity of new holiday formats, like the incredibly successful Cruise and Stay holidays and highly convenient Fly and Cruise packages.
These trends are forecast to continue well into the New Year. In response to market trends Thomas Cook is now offering flexible and luxurious cruise experiences to more destinations than ever before.
In today's tight economy, Thomas Cook bosses explain the key to a great cruise experience is all about getting more bang for your buck.
Jenny Ellis, Head of Cruise for Thomas Cook, explained that when it comes to finding savings:
"Cruise and stay holidays offer this in spades; Holidaymakers can customise their cruise and stay however they choose".
Shorter cruise duration
Research has also hinted that while cruises are growing in popularity, their overall duration is heading down. Thanks to greater flexibility on the length and duration of cruises, customers are able to reduce their overall annual holiday spend whilst still securing that much needed break abroad. Figures show that the magic number for Cruise and Stay packages include getaways featuring 9, 10 or 12 night breaks.
Alongside the reduced cost, the other big incentive for cruise passengers is thought to be the outstanding variety of destinations available. Instead of being seen as a supplementary or secondary getaway, cruises are now taking centre stage as many couples and families choose them for this main trip.
As the UK's largest independent cruise retailer, Thomas Cook has also revealed that popular cruise destinations include areas as diverse as Barcelona and the Mediterranean, Las Vegas and the Mexican Riviera, Beijing and the Far East.
New customers are also thought to be flocking to Thomas Cook cruise packages thanks to the new availability of 21 regional airports.
With holidaymakers in areas like the North and Scotland now experiencing easy access to ports like Southampton, new cruise markets continue to open up on a daily basis.
SOURCE Thomas Cook Cruise
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher