|By PR Newswire||
|January 5, 2013 12:15 PM EST||
STEUBENVILLE, Ohio, Jan. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Officials from the City of Steubenville today announced a new website where the public can receive background and updates about the pending case involving sexual assault charges against two Steubenville juveniles.
The website is located at www.SteubenvilleFacts.org.
At a press conference today, City Manager Cathy Davison says that the site is meant to inform the public and correct any misinformation.
"This case has gained wide media coverage," Davison said. "We feel that it's important to share as much information as we can so that the media and public can have the facts."
Joining Davison at the press conference were Police Chief William McCafferty, Fourth Ward City Councilwoman Angela Suggs and A.L.I.V.E. Shelter Director Jodi Scheetz.
The website includes background about Steubenville city government structure, the police department, information about government transparency and a timeline of the case so far.
Police Chief McCafferty says that he understands the public's interest in the case, but also stresses that it's important to get the facts.
"This case is an emotional one," McCafferty said. "That's why it's so important for people to get the facts, which is what my department has sought to do since day one."
People can visit the site at SteubenvilleFacts.org for background on the case. Updates will occur as events warrant.
SOURCE City of Steubenville
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks