|By PR Newswire||
|January 5, 2013 08:31 AM EST||
BALA CYNWYD, Pa., Jan. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC announces that it is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Duff & Phelps Corporation ("Duff & Phelps" or the "Company") (NYSE: DUF) relating to the proposed acquisition by a consortium including The Carlyle Group, Stone Point Capital LLC, Pictet & Cie and Edmond de Rothschild Group.
Under the terms of the transaction, Duff & Phelps shareholders will receive only $15.55 in cash for each Duff & Phelps stock they own. The investigation concerns possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by the Board of Directors of Duff & Phelps for not acting in the Company's shareholders' best interests in connection with the sale process. The transaction may undervalue the Company and will result in loss for many long term Duff & Phelps shareholders. For example Duff & Phelps stock traded at $16.20 as recently as April 25, 2012 and $17.64 on February 1, 2011. In addition, the price being offered is below an analyst price target for Duff & Phelps stock.
If you own shares of Duff & Phelps stock and wish to discuss the legal ramifications of the proposed transaction, or have any questions, you may e-mail or call the law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. You may contact Jason L. Brodsky, Esquire or Evan J. Smith, Esquire at Brodsky & Smith, LLC, Two Bala Plaza, Suite 602, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004, by e-mail at email@example.com visiting http://brodsky-smith.com/525-duf-duff--phelps-corporation.html, by calling toll free 877-LEGAL-90.
SOURCE Law Office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher