|By Marketwired .||
|January 4, 2013 05:12 PM EST||
SOUTHBURY, CT -- (Marketwire) -- 01/04/13 -- The great American pastime of football can be a great motivator to decorate your family room for the big viewing party season. Whether it be the playoff games that lead up to the Super Bowl, or the Super Bowl itself, big viewing parties are all the rage after the holiday season. Decor&You® Founder and President Karen Powell has some tips on getting ready for these neighborhood gatherings.
"This is an ideal time for getting your home ready for both year-long, quality family time and for celebrating big viewing parties," says Powell. "As the centerpiece of the home, there are some unique and fun ways to make your family room comfortable and inviting for you and your guests."
1. Wide-screen TV - Make this the primary focal point in the room. Mount it on the wall or place it safely on a console unit where the components can be hidden but still accessible.
2. Sectionals and recliners - Select seating that is comfortable, functional and stylish. Sectionals and recliners are the most popular choice for family rooms where comfort reigns, setting the stage for both optimal viewing and conversational purposes.
3. Cocktail and end tables - Create a buzz around interesting surfaces that make your space functional for chips and dip as well as complement the seating and make their own statement.
4. Accessories - Tie it all together with accessories that make an impact with color and style. Consider colorful pillows for sectionals, lamps for accent lighting, and art for the walls. These small touches will make any room more interesting and inviting.
"Having a wide selection of products can make a real difference in creating a beautiful, comfortable home," says Powell. "With choice, you can achieve a look that is truly individual. The problem is that most of us don't have the time for all that shopping. Our DecorDesigners are skilled listeners, who will carefully work to craft a distinctive look that feels right for you. Using our proprietary Styleprint Design System, you will see your room's design potential unfold before your eyes."
Decor&You is the market leader and second largest interior design franchise in the country. For more information about Decor&You decorating services, visit the Decor&You company website at http://www.decorandyou.com.
Established in 1998, Decor&You, Inc. (Decor) furnishes and refines America's residential and commercial interiors via a nationwide network of professional interior decorators, and makes it easy for people to achieve comfort, style, and enhanced value in their homes and businesses. A socially conscience company, Decor also advocates for change in the decorating industry, focusing on bringing safer, higher-quality and greener decorating options to American homes. Decor was honored recently by The World Franchising Network as one of their top 100 businesses in the services sector; by Entrepreneur Magazine as a top home-based franchise; by Red Hot Franchise.com as No. 47 on top 100 list; and Entrepreneur Magazine ranked Decor&You No. 446 in the 2012 Franchise 500 Rankings. For more information on Decor&You, go to www.decorandyou.com
Decor&You® is a registered trademark of Powell Investors Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
Cynthia L. Schick
Phone: (980) 245-7145
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher