|By PR Newswire||
|January 4, 2013 01:06 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Zero Motorcycles, the global leader in the electric motorcycle industry, today announced the company's complete 2013 model line of street legal electric motorcycles will again be eligible for a 10 percent federal tax credit for plug-in vehicles. In addition to the 2013 model line tax credit, customers who purchased a 2012 model from Zero Motorcycles are also eligible for a retroactive tax credit from the Federal Government. The tax credit was included in the fiscal deal approved by Congress on New Year's Day. The bill was signed into law by President Obama late Wednesday night. The entire Zero 2013 model line will be on display at Washington DC Motorcycle Show this weekend (January 4-6) at the Washington DC Convention Center.
Zero Motorcycles took the lead in working with Plug-In America and a coalition of other electric motorcycle companies to ensure the plug-in tax credit would be extended, including all plug-in motorcycles. Standing together with companies coast to coast, the coalition rallied Congress to take action and expand green jobs in this exciting new industry. Zero dealers, customers and fans weighed in as well, sending letters to Congress in support of the extension of these plug-in tax credits.
"Tax credits for electric motorcycles are not only an effective way to create jobs, but they are also an investment in clean energy technology. We think that America can and should lead the world in cutting-edge clean technology," said Jay Friedland, Vice President of Strategy and Sustainability for Zero Motorcycles. "The electric motorcycle industry is rapidly responding to our country's need for affordable and environmentally responsible transportation. We're pretty excited to combine our passion for motorcycles with something that benefits everyone."
After many months of consistent work with Congress, two major plug-in tax credits, which expired at the end of 2011 were extended as part of the final "fiscal cliff" legislation just signed by President Obama. The bill passed this week:
- Extends the EV infrastructure tax credit from the beginning of 2012 until the end of 2013.
- In the case of the 2-3 wheeled plug-in tax credit, this covers 10 percent of the purchase price, up to $2,500 maximum, and applies only to vehicles with a 4 kilowatt-hour (or larger) battery pack that can go over 45 miles/hr. The 2013 Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX, and Zero MX all qualify for the incentive. These tax credits are also retroactive and apply for electric motorcycles or EV chargers purchased in 2012 as well. This means that 2011 and 2012 Zero models that meet the above criteria purchased in 2012 or 2013 are eligible for the tax credits.
Consumers are encouraged to speak with an authorized Zero Dealer to obtain more information about the Federal Tax Credit.
About Zero Motorcycles
Zero Motorcycles is committed to transforming the motorcycling experience by bringing to market highly innovative electric motorcycles that offer exceptional value and performance. Zero is powered by innovation, driven by passion, guided by integrity and measured by results. Through extensive research, insight and experience, Zero combines the art and science of motorcycle development to create and manufacture products that excite consumers and inspire brand loyalty. Zero is determined to be the preeminent global electric motorcycle company.
For more information on Zero Motorcycles or to learn more about its complete motorcycle line including the new 2013 Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX, Zero XU and Zero MX motorcycles, visit: http://www.zeromotorcycles.com.
SOURCE Zero Motorcycles
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher