|By Business Wire||
|January 4, 2013 12:13 PM EST||
The Consumer Electronics Association® (CEA) announced today that its social media presence at the 2013 International CES® will be its biggest ever. With key platforms that include Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram, contests and social media events throughout the show will keep attendees more informed and connected than ever. Owned and produced by CEA, the 2013 CES is the world’s largest annual innovation event and occurs January 8-11 in Las Vegas.
Attendees can stay connected with the latest news, information and updates from the show by downloading the official 2013 CES mobile app and following the official CES social media accounts:
- Twitter: Stay connected with the latest news, information and updates from the show by following the @IntlCES Twitter handle. Join the conversation by tweeting your pictures, comments and observations along with the official hashtag #2013CES.
- Facebook: Facebook.com/InternationalCES is continuously updated throughout the show with pictures and videos from the show floor. Be sure to check out daily photo recaps during the show.
- Google +: Check out CES’s Google+ page for updates, information, exclusive content and hang-outs throughout the show. Join the conversation by using the #2013CES hashtag.
- Instagram: Check out the new Instagram feed at @IntlCES, populated with pictures from before, during and after the show.
Along with staying up-to-date with the latest CES news, attendees have the opportunity to win prizes by following CES social media accounts and engaging in contests. Explore the Floor allows attendees to earn points by checking in to areas or events on the show floor using Foursquare or the Facebook check-in app. At the end of each day, the top scorer receives a $150 gift card to a local Las Vegas restaurant and a $500 Visa gift card grand prize is awarded after the show for the overall high score. Also, use the official hashtag (#2013CES) on Instagram photos for a chance to win a gift card; a random winner will be selected each night of the show.
Don’t forget to check out the social media events led by the CES social media team. Join the team for Social Hour from 4-6 p.m. on Wednesday, January 9 at V Bar in The Venetian for giveaways and social media talk. The CES social media team will also be leading an Instawalk from 2-3 p.m. on Thursday, January 10. The Instawalk group will meet at the Social Media Command Center (LVCC, North Hall, Booth 4906) and walk to floor together taking pictures and uploading to Instagram using the #2013CES hashtag.
For the first time ever, visit the Social Media Command Center. Using salesforce.com Marketing Cloud for monitoring and engaging, data around CES will be looked at in real-time, insights will be pulled, metrics and demographics will be shared and the most popular tweets will be published. Additionally, customized Twitter and Chatter towers will be displayed allowing attendees to see their conversations in real-time.
CEA’s official blog, Digital Dialogue, is updated regularly with posts from both CEA staff and guest bloggers on topics pertaining to the 2013 CES. CEA encourages interactive discussions and social sharing. For exclusive 2013 CES photos and videos leading up to and during the show, visit the CES YouTube channel or visit the International CES photostream on Flickr.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “International CES.” Subsequent references to the show can be shortened to “CES.” Please do not use “Consumer Electronics Show” to refer to the International CES.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $206 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online: www.CE.org and www.DeclareInnovation.com. Follow CES at www.CESweb.org and through social media: http://facebook.com/InternationalCES, http://twitter.com/IntlCES, http://blog.ce.org/.
2013 International CES
January 8-11, 2013, Las Vegas, NV
March 8-10, 2013, Snowmass, CO
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher