|By PR Newswire||
|January 4, 2013 12:05 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On the heels of debuting its new dating website, AARP Dating powered by HowAboutWe, the organization is ramping up the content on its new dating channel and launching the AARP Dating Boot Camp to encourage older singles to share dating tales and lessons in an effort to help them find love in the New Year. Running through February 28th, AARP Online Dating experts Nancy Kelton and Ken Solin will offer dating tips and advice and encourage participants to put what they learn to the test in real life. Daters who are active on AARP's Single and Mingle community can share their experiences for the chance to win weekly rewards and two $10,000 grand prizes.
"Dating, at any age, can be an intimidating practice. From fun first-date ideas to new ways to meet people, we're challenging group members to find ways to break the ice offline," said Myrna Blyth, Editorial Director of AARP's media properties. "By giving a sense of community to participants, the AARP Dating Boot Camp will give singles the tools to get back into the dating scene."
The goal of the AARP Dating Boot Camp is to help older singles date – offline and in person. Participants will be provided with weekly challenges, incentives, resources and expert advice in brand-new editorial postings and the online community Topics will include:
- Advice to making great profiles
- Meeting the right man/woman
- How to suggest a good date
- Photos to use
- What to avoid saying and doing on a first date
Additionally, AARP's Online Dating experts will pose challenges and questions each week for participants to submit their answers for the opportunity to win prizes. After the challenge ends on February 28th, two winners will be randomly selected and awarded a $10,000 grand prize.
The AARP Dating Boot Camp begins today at www.sweeps.aarp.org/dating. Contest rules are available by visiting http://aarp.promo.eprize.com/dating/rules.html or going to http://sweeps.aarp.org/dating/ and clicking on "Official Rules."
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 45 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Sweepstakes ends 2/28/13. For Official Rules, prize description and odds disclosure, visit www.sweeps.aarp.org/dating. Sponsor: AARP, 601 E Street, NW, Washington, DC 20049.About AARP
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of more than 37 million, that helps people 50+ have independence, choice and control in ways that are beneficial to them and society as a whole. AARP does not endorse candidates for public office or make contributions to either political campaigns or candidates. We produce AARP The Magazine, the definitive voice for Americans 50+ and the world's largest-circulation magazine; AARP Bulletin, the go-to news source for the 50+ audience; www.aarp.org; AARP VIVA, a bilingual lifestyle multimedia platform addressing the interests and needs of Hispanic Americans; and national television and radio programming. The AARP Foundation is an affiliated charity that provides security, protection, and empowerment to older persons in need with support from thousands of volunteers, donors, and sponsors. AARP has staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Learn more at www.aarp.org.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London