|By PR Newswire||
|January 4, 2013 10:48 AM EST||
PRINCETON, N.J., Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Novo Nordisk Inc., a global healthcare company with 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care, announced that Curtis G. Oltmans has been promoted to Corporate Vice President and General Counsel, Legal and Quality Affairs and joins the Company's U.S. executive team.
In his new role, Oltmans is responsible for strategy and initiatives in the areas of law, quality, intellectual property, grants and philanthropy for the company's business in North America.
Previously, as Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Oltmans lead the Legal Affairs team. He was tapped in 2010 to lead Novo Nordisk's Native American Health Initiative, a project designed to build sustainable diabetes care and education programs with the Rosebud Sioux Tribe in Rosebud, South Dakota.
"Curt has used his extensive knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry to make significant contributions during his tenure so far at Novo Nordisk," said Jerzy Gruhn, President, Novo Nordisk Inc. "He has led our legal team through a number of significant milestones, along with overseeing an important social responsibility effort for the Native American community. We look forward to his continued leadership as a part of the Executive Team."
Oltmans joined Novo Nordisk in June 2005. Prior to joining Novo Nordisk, he held various positions in the legal department of Eli Lilly and Company (1992-2005), including positions based in Europe and the United States. He worked as an associate at Shook, Hardy & Bacon in Kansas City, Missouri (1989-1992), as well as a visiting associate at Cameron McKenna (1988-1989) in London, UK. He frequently speaks on topics concerning complex litigation and fraud and abuse.
Oltmans earned a Bachelor of Arts in political science from the University of Nebraska in 1985 before going on the school's College of Law, where he was graduated with High Distinction in 1988. He's active in the local community, serving on Board of Directors for the Boys & Girls Club of Trenton & Mercer County.
About Novo Nordisk
Headquartered in Denmark, Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with 89 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. The company also has leading positions within hemophilia care, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. For more information, visit novonordisk.com. For more information about our US activities, follow us on Twitter at @NovoNordiskUS.
SOURCE Novo Nordisk Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks