|By Marketwired .||
|January 4, 2013 08:21 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/04/13 -- The Alternative Energy Industry received a major boost this week as a last-minute deal by law makers to avoid the "fiscal cliff," surprisingly included the extension of tax credits for renewable energy and alternative fuels. The PowerShares WilderHill Clean Energy ETF (PBW) has gained nearly 10 percent in the past week. Five Star Equities examines the outlook for companies in the Alternative Energy Industry and provides equity research on Amyris Inc. (NASDAQ: AMRS) and Solazyme Inc. (NASDAQ: SZYM)
Access to the full company reports can be found at:
Congress has extended a $1 per gallon tax credit, which expired at the end of 2011, through the end of 2013. The National Biodiesel Board believes the tax credit will increase biodiesel production by approximately 300 million gallons in 2013. The approved deal also extends a $1.01/gal credit for cellulosic fuel, which are made from non-food organic materials, by one year. In September, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency raised the amount of biodiesel refiners are required to blend to 1.28 billion gallons in 2013.
Five Star Equities releases regular market updates on the Alternative Energy Industry so investors can stay ahead of the crowd and make the best investment decisions to maximize their returns. Take a few minutes to register with us free at www.FiveStarEquities.com and get exclusive access to our numerous stock reports and industry newsletters.
Amyris is an integrated renewable products company focused on providing sustainable alternatives to a broad range of petroleum-sourced products. Amyris uses its industrial synthetic biology platform to convert plant sugars into a variety of hydrocarbon molecules -- flexible building blocks that can be used in a wide range of products. Shares of the company have rallied over 25 percent in the past week.
Solazyme is a renewable oil and bioproducts company that transforms a range of low-cost plant-based sugars into high-value oils. The company's tailored oils provide cost-effective, high-quality "drop-in" replacements for marine, motor vehicle, and jet fuels. Solazyme is initially targeting annual production of 20,000 metric tons of oil starting in early 2014 at their ADM facility.
Five Star Equities provides Market Research focused on equities that offer growth opportunities, value, and strong potential return. We strive to provide the most up-to-date market activities. We constantly create research reports and newsletters for our members. Five Star Equities has not been compensated by any of the above-mentioned companies. We act as an independent research portal and are aware that all investment entails inherent risks. Please view the full disclaimer at: www.FiveStarEquities.com/disclaimer
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London