|By PR Newswire||
|January 4, 2013 02:00 AM EST||
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass., Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Urban Ag Corp. (PINKSHEETS: AQUM) (the "Company"), formally announced today the recent appointment of Mr. Bill V. Ray as President and Chief Executive Officer.
Mr. Ray has a long and very distinguished career. Urban Ag Corp is delighted to embark on its established set of initiatives for 2013 as being directed under Mr. Ray's experience, knowledge and leadership abilities. The board of directors feels strongly that initiatives will be met. Mr. Ray will be driving the company to a higher level of growth and believe that his entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen will be the catalyst for future success.
To briefly highlight Mr. Ray's executive skill set, Mr. Ray had full management responsibilities for Finance and Administration of several large companies throughout his career. Prior to joining the AQUM team, he served in the capacity of Director, Chairman, Chief Executive officer and Chief Financial Officer of several multi-million dollar NYSE, NASDAQ and Micro-Cap (OTC) public entities with revenues ranging from $60,000,000 to $750,000,000
From February 2003 until February 2008 he served as President, CEO and as a member of the Board of Directors for Charys Holding Co., one of the largest international remediation companies, focused on remediation, reconstruction, wireless communications and data infrastructure. Charys grew from start-up to trailing 12-month revenue in excess of $700,000,000 under Mr. Ray's leadership.
As we end the year 2012 and begin executing our plan of business in 2013, Mr. Ray's enthusiasm and energy are leadership qualities which will catch the attention of shareholders, and his past success in strategic management, finance, planning and operations confirms his ability to help us realize the full potential of our company moving forward.
Billy V. Ray Jr.
SAFE HARBOUR STATEMENT- This news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 37A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. A number of factors could cause actual results to differ from those indicated in the forward-looking statements, including the Company's ability to continue to successfully market and provide its services, maintain its effectiveness and its customer base and general economic conditions. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SOURCE Urban Ag Corp.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London