|By PR Newswire||
|January 3, 2013 07:02 PM EST||
IRWINDALE, Calif., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Fresh food marketer Ready Pac Foods, Inc. is celebrating yet another achievement on its bowl salad line. In 2012 the Company launched Ready Pac Bistro® Organic bowl salads, new skus for the conventional line, and new private label bowl salads. Now we have tallied up the effects of on-going efforts to improve the sustainability of the product packaging and determined that the Ready Pac Bistro® Bowl Salads line is on track to use more than 56,000,000 recycled plastic beverage bottles this year.
"When Ready Pac created the bowl salad line our first requirement was that the packaging used would deliver the necessary shelf life to meet or exceed our customers' requirements, and the second was to make it easy for a consumer to see how fresh the product is," said Simpson. "Since then, we have made continuous improvements over time to create a more sustainable bowl salad package, and the net effect is we're making a significant contribution to helping the environment."
Each Ready Pac bowl salad package, including the insert that separates protein ingredients and condiments from the salad greens, contains 60 percent post-consumer recycled content. That works out to slightly more than one recycled 500 mL beverage bottle per package.
The salad bowls and inserts are produced in plants powered by 50% solar energy. Combining the energy savings of using recycled bottles and the solar energy savings versus conventional power, each Ready Pac bowl salad package saves about 1,000 BTUs or 0.30 kilowatt hours of electric power. This energy savings is enough to run a traditional 100 watt light bulb for about three hours, or an energy-saving 26 watt/ 1300 lumen bulb for 26 hours.
Media Contact: TRISTAN SIMPSON READY PAC FOODS, INC., 626-678-2055, TRISTAN.SIMPSON@READYPAC.COM
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Ready Pac Foods, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher