|By PR Newswire||
|January 3, 2013 06:52 PM EST||
PLANO, Texas, Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Akorbi, one of the health insurance industry's largest suppliers of interpretation and translation services, has developed a custom application that helps health insurance clients translate their Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs) into Spanish, Chinese, Navaho and Tagalog in a matter of minutes. These documents, which are typically 8 to 10 pages in length, are critical in helping consumers understand their health insurance benefits and coverage. Akorbi's sophisticated application also personalizes the documents so clients can more effectively reach and communicate with the millions of consumers who have limited English proficiency.
The Affordable Care Act mandates that health insurance companies communicate with consumers in their language of choice. So, insurance companies are aggressively looking for ways to reach the 30 million Americans affected by the new law in an effort to gain market share. As a result, Akorbi is stepping up to develop applications, such as this one, that allow health insurance companies to reach consumers who have another language preference in an effective and timely manner.
"We are continually looking for ways to help our health insurance clients reach the millions of consumers with limited English proficiency," said Claudia Mirza, chief executive officer of Akorbi. "The Affordable Care Act has created a significant opportunity for us, as well as our health insurance clients."
Since last year, Akorbi has also taken a consultative approach to helping health insurance clients implement compliance-related policies and procedures. Akorbi's compliance division assists clients with a wide range of legal issues, including: HIPAA, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service (CMS) rules, healthcare reform mandates, quality management, as well as fraud, waste and abuse. In addition, the company's U.S.-based and highly secure data center supports compliance standards for HIPAA and PCI and ensures clients are compliant with all government, CMS and healthcare reform regulations.
Akorbi offers business solutions in more than 170 languages. This includes a full range of language, localization and global marketing solutions including document translation, multi-lingual desktop publishing, project management, content management, web site design, software testing and engineering, voiceover, interpretation, over-the-phone interpretation, and bilingual staffing. The translation company holds ISO 9001 Certification, 8(a) Certification and Women's Business Enterprise Certification.
For more information, visit www.akorbi.com or call 1.877.4.AKORBI.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London