|By PR Newswire||
|January 3, 2013 06:27 PM EST||
CLEVELAND, Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tom Onusko has joined Bricker & Eckler LLP as a member of the Health Care practice team in the law firm's Cleveland office.
Throughout Tom's three decades of practicing law, he served as chair of the nationally regarded Health Care practice group at the former Arter & Hadden. While in private practice, he was primarily dedicated to health care law, including hospital-physician relationships, joint ventures, fraud and abuse counseling, corporate compliance programs, medical staff credentialing, mergers and acquisitions, managed care contracts, third-party reimbursement, tax-exempt bond financing and risk management.
In 2009, he was appointed senior vice president and general counsel of The MetroHealth System, one of the largest, most comprehensive health care providers in Northeast Ohio, where he gained exposure to the wide variety new health care issues hospitals are facing and supervised the operation of a 20-member in-house law department. During his tenure, Tom was able to reduce MetroHealth's outside legal spend by roughly 60 percent.
Tom was named to Best Lawyers in America and Ohio Super Lawyers from their first publication. He is also co-founder and officer of the Greater Cleveland Bar Association and has served as an adjunct professor at the Case Western Reserve University School of Law, teaching "Health Care Organization and Finance" and as an adjunct professor at Cleveland State University Graduate Program in Health Care Administration, teaching "Introduction to Health Law."
To see a complete listing of Tom's community service, bar admissions and activities, presentations and published works, visit his full biography at: http://bit.ly/UJciKM
About Bricker & Eckler:
Bricker & Eckler is one of Ohio's leading law firms. Located in Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati-Dayton, the firm represents a wide variety of clients, including businesses and corporations, health care entities, nonprofit organizations, governmental agencies, school districts, municipalities, banks and insurers. For more information, visit www.bricker.com.
For more information, contact:
Jill Rako, Media & Communications Administrator
firstname.lastname@example.org // 614.227.8828
SOURCE Bricker & Eckler
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks