|By PR Newswire||
|January 3, 2013 04:37 PM EST||
Fourth-quarter sales increase by 25.8 percent as year-to-date sales ascend by 14.9 percent.
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Jan. 3, 2013 /CNW/ - For the first time in its 37-year history, Subaru Canada, Inc. (SCI) has broken a new barrier with 31,003 units sold in 2012. This record-breaking annual sales result was enjoyed by all four regions as year-to-date sales rose by 14.9 percent. The Japanese automaker is thrilled to report that record December sales of 2,814 units have propelled monthly results up 12.9 percent in its eighth consecutive month of growth.
"This year marked the introduction of groundbreaking models and technology at Subaru," said Shiro Ohta, president and CEO of Subaru Canada, Inc. "In addition to introducing the brand new, multiple award-winning Subaru BRZ as well as the XV Crosstrek to our lineup, we debuted our new EyeSight driver-assist system on the redesigned 2013 Legacy and Outback. These sales numbers reflect the fact that Canadians are responding to the safety and value inherent in the Subaru brand. Automotive Lease Guide has named us its Best Mainstream Brand three years running and, most recently, the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety has once again distinguished Subaru as the only manufacturer to have a TOP SAFETY PICK for every model it builds. Under these tough market conditions, Subaru has proven itself to be a smart alternative to mainstream brands."
About Subaru Canada, Inc.
Subaru Canada, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of over 85 authorized dealers across Canada. For more information, please visit www.subaru.ca or www.pr.subaru.ca.
SOURCE Subaru Canada Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher