|By PR Newswire||
|January 3, 2013 03:15 PM EST||
NEWARK, Del., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delaware start-up Max Virtual LLC (www.maxvirtual.com) has announced a unique hat that allows you take a call or listen to music on your mobile phone, tablet or PC, while keeping your hands - and ears - completely free. What makes it unique? On the outside, it looks like an ordinary baseball cap, and no earphones or earpieces are required for the user to hear the audio. The new product is called 'Cynaps' and will be unveiled at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) next week, January 8-11, in Eureka Park.
Cynaps uses bone conduction to transmit sound to the inner ear via two small vibrating modules within the lining of the hat. The resulting audio is crystal clear for the wearer, even while wearing earplugs. It can be wirelessly connected via Bluetooth to a mobile phone, tablet or PC to make calls or listen to music and video. The control panel under the bill provides easy access to useful features such as taking a call, adjusting volume and navigating playlists.
One huge advantage of Cynaps over earpieces or hand-held phones is its relative safety of use while driving or biking. Since both ears are free, the user remains more aware of surrounding traffic and will be better able to react in case of an emergency.
Along with their first exhibition at CES, Max Virtual is currently featuring the Cynaps project on crowdfunding site Indiegogo at www.indiegogo.com/Cynaps. Upon successful funding, the company plans to ship the first batch of hats out to Indiegogo backers next month. The company also plans to install the product into other headgear such as motorcycle helmets, headbands and a wider variety of hats in the near future.
SOURCE Max Virtual
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher