|By Marketwired .||
|January 3, 2013 11:48 AM EST||
LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 01/03/13 -- Sensimed AG, the developer of a revolutionary contact lens (the SENSIMED Triggerfish®) for the continuous monitoring of fluctuations in intraocular pressure (IOP) to facilitate the management of glaucoma, announced today that the American Medical Association (AMA) has approved a new Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) code* for monitoring of IOP for 24 hours or longer.
The new CPT code, "0329T: Monitoring of intraocular pressure for 24 hours of longer, unilateral or bilateral, with interpretation and report", will be effective July 1st, 2013. This code comes in complement to CPT code "92100: Serial tonometry [.]" and shall be used instead of code 92100 for monitoring of IOP for 24 hours or longer. CPT codes approval are made by an Editorial Panel of experts and are generally supported by medical societies. CPT codes are used by hospitals and healthcare providers to report and bill for procedures.
Says Jean-Marc Wismer, CEO of Sensimed: "The approval for a CPT code for 24-hour monitoring is an important milestone towards the commercialization of our device in the U.S.A., and we look forward to continuing our work with the FDA to make this technology available to specialists to help them manage their population of glaucoma patients".
FROM DEVICE TO KNOWLEDGE -- Sensimed AG, a Swiss company, has developed a non-invasive soft contact lens-based solution, the SENSIMED Triggerfish® that revolutionizes glaucoma management by providing continuous 24-hour IOP profiles as well as modeling and analysis of IOP patterns. The 24-hour IOP profiles, centralized on a registry together with patient and treatment information, are processed by powerful modeling and learning algorithms identifying pathological patterns that can be used to differentiate indication and to personalize treatment. Sensimed is directly positioned at the convergence between devices, treatment and information. The company believes that this global knowledge-building approach will enable ophthalmologists to better improve management of patients with potentially progressive glaucomatous disease. Further information about Sensimed AG is available on www.sensimed.ch
* CPT copyright 2010 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Sensimed CPT 3 code-corrected: http://hugin.info/142388/R/1668083/541598.pdf
Tel: +41 21 621 9191
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher