|By PR Newswire||
|January 3, 2013 12:28 AM EST||
ANGEL FIRE, N.M., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The women in Jack's life best described his free fall back to Nam. His wife Skyi was a hot LZ; Roma was a punji pit; Vicki a Bouncing Betty explosive and Audrey the rumbling of distant artillery.
What could be more fantastic than returning home to family and friends after surviving all the dodging bombs and bullets of close combat for a year? Once Jack had discarded his jungle boots, fatigues, M-16 and utility belt of hand grenades, upon discharging from his unit in the Mekong Delta, he anticipated his return home as nothing less than an ascension to a wonderland where the taps flowed with cold beer, t-bone steak came with breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the streets were line with sumptuous round-eyed girls. Now, two years into his return home in Northern California, he wanted his soldiers gear back. How could life in paradise have gone so wrong - a failed marriage after only a year, no possibility of a simple damned job (who wanted to hire a pot smoking, attitude dancing Nam vet anyway?), and what had happened to his relationships with family members and old friends? And then there were the frequent war nightmares and flashbacks - and the painful war wounds that persisted. At least with boots on the ground, no matter how shaky, and M-16 locked and loaded, and buddies who would give their own life for yours ever at your side, things were so simple. And you knew who the enemy were, and all you had to do was shoot them and move on.
Post Script: The number of names on the black granite wall in DC fifty-eight thousand, two-hundred and seventy-two. The number of suicides of Vietnam veterans to date is estimated at two-hundred thousand.
Available through your favorite bookstore and most online retailers.
SOURCE After Incoming Inc
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London