|By Marketwired .||
|January 2, 2013 08:19 PM EST||
LAGUNA BEACH, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/02/13 -- "Lights! Camera! Inaction!" Excitement is already building for the 2013 Pageant of the Masters as it celebrates the 80th birthday of living pictures. In preparation of next summer's show, The Big Picture, the Pageant is looking for men, women and children to volunteer. People of all sizes and ages are needed to be cast members in the world's most famous presentation of tableaux vivants.
Casting call will be held at the Irvine Bowl Park (650 Laguna Canyon Road, Laguna Beach, CA) during the following times:
- Saturday, January 5 from 7pm-9pm
- Sunday, January 6 from 2pm-5pm
- Thursday, January 10 from 7pm-9pm
Next summer's performances of the Pageant of the Masters will run nightly at 8:30pm from July 7 to August 31, 2013. Please call (949) 494-3663 for additional information.
Casting call is a fun experience for all involved. Prospective volunteers will be measured and photographed, enjoy refreshments and meet the behind-the-scenes Pageant staff. No theater experience is necessary. The only requirement is the ability to stand still and have fun.
Pageant director Diane Challis Davy commented, "It takes over 500 volunteers, both onstage and behind-the-scenes, to put on the Pageant. We wouldn't have a show without our volunteers! They have so much fun backstage, volunteers return year after year to participate."
Pageant volunteers are also needed for positions in the wardrobe, make up, and headdress departments, as well as cast area coordinators and refreshment servers, among other positions.
Volunteering for the Pageant is a great way to spend your summer and it is common to have several generations of the same family volunteering for different aspects of the show. By volunteering for the Pageant, students can earn credit towards community service requirements.
The 2013 Pageant of the Masters, The Big Picture, will be staged July 7 through August 31. Ticket prices range from $15 to $220. Tickets are on sale now by calling 1-800-487-3378 or online at www.PageantTickets.com. The Festival of Arts is a non-profit organization that produces The Festival of Arts -- California's Premier Fine Art Show and the Pageant of the Masters. Proceeds support the arts in Orange County.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2192387
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks