|By PR Newswire||
|January 2, 2013 04:46 PM EST||
ASHLAND, Ore., Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Brammo, Inc., a leading developer of electric vehicle technology and manufacturer of two-wheel electric vehicles, is delighted by the news from Washington D.C. that the federal tax credit for electric motorcycles and other two and three-wheeled vehicles has been extended through 2012 and 2013. With this extension, electric motorcycle enthusiasts will continue to receive personal tax incentives when purchasing the Enertia Plus, Empulse and Empulse R models.
The provision, passed late last night along with other fiscal reforms, extends the federal tax credit for two and three-wheeled electric plug-in vehicles for two years. This tax credit can cover up to 10% of the vehicle's cost or a maximum of $2,500.
Brammo sends particular thanks to U.S. Rep. Greg Walden (R-Ore.) whom offered the amendment, and Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) who strongly supported the tax credit despite the difficult environment in the House. Additional support from U.S. Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) not only for electric vehicles, but for sustainability and clean energy initiatives overall, will continue to help drive Oregon as a leader of green and clean legislation.
"This bi-partisan work and cooperation results in jobs and support for companies like Brammo," said Craig Bramscher, CEO of Brammo. "We are excited for what this means for electric vehicles and the electric motorcycle industry, which will make these 'vehicles of the future' more accessible to all consumers."
To learn more about Brammo and electric motorcycles, go to www.brammo.com.
Brammo, Inc., is a leading electric vehicle technology company headquartered in North America. Brammo designs and develops electric vehicles including the Encite™, Enertia™, Empulse™ and Engage™ motorcycles. Brammo is the current TTXGP eGrandPrix champion of North America. Brammo is an OEM supplier of its innovative Brammo Digital Drivetrain™ systems including the Brammo Power™ battery pack and Brammo Power™ vehicle management system. Brammo has vehicle distribution and marketing operations in North America, Europe and Asia. To learn more, visit www.Brammo.com.
SOURCE Brammo, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher