|By Marketwired .||
|January 2, 2013 04:11 PM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/02/13 -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that after a thorough internal and external search the company has appointed Devinder Kumar as senior vice president and chief financial officer, effective Jan. 2, 2013. Kumar, 57, will report to Rory Read, AMD president and chief executive officer, and will have responsibility for leading the company's global finance organization. Kumar has been interim CFO since September 2012. He served as corporate controller of the company since 2001 and as senior vice president since 2006.
"Devinder has been with AMD for more than 28 years and is a talented finance veteran with deep industry knowledge," said Read. "As we accelerate our strategic growth initiatives, Devinder will play an integral role driving the new business model in the near term and strengthening AMD's long-term financial foundation."
Kumar received a bachelor's degree from the University of Malaya, Malaysia, a master's degree from University of California, Santa Barbara and a master's degree in business administration from University of California, Los Angeles.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2191775
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher