|By PR Newswire||
|January 2, 2013 03:13 PM EST||
HARRISBURG, Pa., Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Visitors to the 2013 Pennsylvania Farm Show can enter their photographs capturing the spirit of this year's show in the annual photo contest and win prizes.
"When you go to the Farm Show, you're capturing a lot of memories, so be on the lookout for the perfect snapshot," Agriculture Secretary George Greig said. "Share your Farm Show experience and compete for bragging rights, cash and a VIP parking space."
Anyone visiting the show is eligible, and the top three entries will be featured in the 2014 Pennsylvania Farm Show Souvenir Book. The first-place winner receives $100 and a VIP parking space for the 2014 show. The second-place winner receives a $75 cash prize, and the third-place winner earns a $50 prize.
Contest guidelines are as follows:
- The photograph must be taken at the 2013 Farm Show;
- The photograph must be in color;
- The photograph must be 4 x 6 inches in size;
- If a digital camera is used, the resolution must be at least 300 dpi;
- Entries are limited to one per person and must be submitted by March 31, 2013;
- Contact information (name, address, phone number, email address) and caption must be included with entry;
- All photo entries become the property of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture;
- Department of Agriculture employees are not eligible; and
- The contest is only open to non-professional entries.
The 2012 winner was Jenn Vogel from Arlington, Va. Second-place honors went to Mark Weaver of Harrisburg, Dauphin County, and third place to Joyce Adair of Ephrata, Lancaster County.
Digital photos and entry information must be emailed to email@example.com. Print photos can be mailed with entry information to April Orwig at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, 2301 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA 17110.
The Pennsylvania Farm Show is the largest indoor agricultural event in the nation, featuring nearly 6,000 animals, 10,000 competitive exhibits and nearly 300 commercial exhibitors. The eight-day show is Jan. 5-12, at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in Harrisburg. Admission is free and parking is $10.
For more information, visit www.farmshow.state.pa.us.
Media contact: Will Nichols, 717-787-5085
Editor's Note: To receive news releases, media advisories and story ideas, subscribe to the Farm Show Media Service at www.farmshow.state.pa.us and click on "Media."
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher