|By PR Newswire||
|January 2, 2013 02:16 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- International law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP, is pleased to announce that James Bacchus, leader of the firm's Global Practice Group has been appointed chair of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Commission on Trade and Investment Policy.
Bacchus was former chairman of the World Trade Organization (WTO) Appellate Body and is well-known throughout the world for his global business initiatives and lowering the barriers to international trade and investment. He concentrates his practice on international business, including trade, investment, finance and sustainable growth. In particular, Bacchus offers legal and strategic advice to worldwide clients based on his unique experience with the many issues relating to the global rules for trade and commerce of the WTO.
In addition to working worldwide for the firm's clients on international business of all kinds, Bacchus is also engaged in numerous efforts to address shared global concerns. He is among the "B20" global business leaders selected to advise the "G20" heads of state on the international economy. Additionally, Bacchus chairs the Global Commission on Trade and Investment Policy of the International Chamber of Commerce and the Global Agenda Council on Governance for Sustainability of the Davos-based World Economic Forum.
Bacchus was a founding Member of the highest global trade tribunal, was twice appointed by consensus of the Members of the WTO, and was twice elected chairman by his six colleagues. During his eight years and two terms of service to the WTO, he was the only American, and the only North American, on the Appellate Body. Bacchus is a former chief judge on the highest international tribunal of world trade, a former Member of the Congress of the United States, and a former Special Assistant to the United States Trade Representative in the Executive Office of the President.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, full-service law firm with approximately 1750 attorneys serving clients from 35 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. In the U.S., the firm has more offices than any other among the Top 10 on The National Law Journal's 2012 NLJ 250. For additional information, please visit www.gtlaw.com.
SOURCE Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks