|By Marketwired .||
|January 2, 2013 12:37 PM EST||
ORADELL, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 01/02/13 -- Huntington Learning Center has been named a top franchise company by Entrepreneur magazine, on the 34th annual Franchise 500 ranking. This is the sixth year that Huntington has made the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 listing.
Entrepreneur's Franchise 500 is considered the most comprehensive franchise ranking in the world. Franchises are judged by objective, quantifiable measures of the franchise operation, such as financial strength, stability, growth rate and size of the franchise system.
"It is our sincere honor to be included in the prestigious Entrepreneur Franchise 500 for 2013," said Dr. Raymond Huntington, chairman and founder of Huntington Learning Center. "Tutoring continues to be a strong-performing franchise even in difficult economic times, and we're thrilled to grow Huntington and offer our successful approach to more and more students through new and growing centers around the country." Entrepreneur stated in their December 12th article on demographic trends in franchising that "many of the most successful franchises aim to prepare kids for college."
Huntington Learning Center began franchising its retail-based learning centers in 1985 and has since grown to nearly 300 learning centers across the country.
Huntington has been named an AllStar Franchise by AllBusiness, a Top 100 Franchise by the World Franchising Network and a Top 50 Franchise for Minorities by the National Minority Franchising Initiative. The company was also named a Top 20 Children's Services and Education Franchise in Opportunity World magazine in 2010.
Read the full 2013 Franchise 500 ranking at http://www.entrepreneur.com/franchise500/index.html.
Founded in 1977, Huntington is a pioneer and leader in the tutoring industry. For over 35 years, Huntington has provided quality instruction to hundreds of thousands of students. Huntington prides itself on being "Your Tutoring Solution" for students in all grades and subjects. They tutor in academic skills, such as reading, phonics, math and study skills; and in advanced math and science subjects ranging from algebra through calculus and general science through physics. They also prepare students for state and standardized entrance exams, such as high school entrance exams and the SAT and ACT and provide free school tutoring to eligible schools.
Director of Marketing and Advertising
Huntington Learning Centers, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London