|By PR Newswire||
|January 2, 2013 11:15 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Consumers should stop using this product, which is being recalled voluntarily, unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Name of product: Game Winner® crossbow cocking ropes
Hazard: The hooks attaching the cocking rope to the crossbow string can break and cause it to recoil, posing a laceration hazard.
Consumer Contact: Academy Sports + Outdoors; toll-free at (888) 922-2336, from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT Monday through Saturday and from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT on Sunday, or online at www.academy.com and click on Help + Support and Product Recall Info for more information.
Units: About 6,300
Description: This recall involves Game Winner® cocking ropes with model number FSGWAR3018 and UPC 400214726596. The cocking ropes help users get a better grip on the crossbow string and aid in pulling it back. They have an approximately 50-inch long black nylon rope, two black plastic hooks and two t-handles. The model and UPC numbers are located on the instruction card that comes with the product.
Incidents/Injuries: The company has received four reports of the hooks on the cocking ropes breaking, causing the rope to recoil. Three of the incidents resulted in lacerations.
Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled cocking ropes and return them to Academy for a full refund.
Sold exclusively at: Academy stores nationwide and on the company's website www.academy.com between June 2012 and October 2012 for about $10.
Importer: Academy Sports + Outdoors, of Katy, Texas
Manufactured in: China
Photo available at http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13086.html
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is still interested in receiving incident or injury reports that are either directly related to this product recall or involve a different hazard with the same product. Please tell us about your experience with the product on SaferProducts.gov.
CPSC Consumer Information Hotline
Contact us at this toll-free number if you have questions about a recall:
800-638-2772 (TTY 301-595-7054)
Times: 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET; Messages can be left anytime
Call to get product safety and other agency information and to report unsafe products.
Please use the phone numbers below for all media requests.
Phone: (301) 504-7908
Spanish: (301) 504-7800
SOURCE U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks