|By PR Newswire||
|January 2, 2013 08:10 AM EST||
National Distribution of 100,000 1st Edition Copies to Patients & Caregivers
WESTMINSTER, Md. and OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Joanna M. Nicolay Melanoma Foundation (JMNMF) and Patient Resource LLC, announce the 1st edition release of their new, Patient Resource™ Cancer Guide: Melanoma, available as a free 24-pg. comprehensive guide for newly diagnosed and advanced melanoma patients, and their caregivers. The Guide's distribution is underway across the U.S. through physicians, medical centers, oncology nurses, social workers, patient groups and by the two advocacy organizations directly.
More than a million cases of skin cancer are diagnosed each year and melanoma, the most serious and lethal form of skin cancer, accounts for ~75% of all skin cancer deaths. An estimated 76,250 new cases were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2012 and, similarly striking 1 in 50 men and women will be diagnosed with melanoma during their lifetime. Melanoma skin cancer is the #1 most common cancer for young adults, ages 25-29.
This patient-friendly melanoma resource is organized in straightforward, important areas, including:
- Overview of Melanoma
- Staging of Melanoma
- Your Pathology Report
- Surgical Treatment of Melanoma
- Using Lymph Node Mapping to Guide Treatment
- Treatment of Early-Stage Melanoma
- Treatment of Later-Stage & Advanced Melanoma
- Follow-up Care
- The Value of Clinical Trials
- Living Life During and After Treatment
- Survivor Stories
- Melanoma Advocacy & Support Resources
- Financial Assistance
- Personal Medical Journal
The JMNMF and Patient Resource, LLC also proudly recognize the Guide's Medical Reviewers, who unselfishly provided active input, topical content and editorial review; and, through their extensive expertise and professionalism contributed significantly to the publication, as follows:
Charles M. Balch, MD, FACS
Editor-in-Chief, Patient Resource LLC
Editor-in-Chief, The Annals of Surgical Oncology
Rhoda M. Alani, MD
Dermatologist-in-Chief, Boston University School of Medicine
Boston Medical Center
John Kirkwood, MD
Co-leader – UPCI Melanoma Program
University of Pittsburgh
John Thompson, MD, FRACS, FACS
Executive Director, Melanoma Institute, Australia
Chairman, Australian & New Zealand Melanoma Trials Group
Jedd D. Wolchok, MD, PhD
Director, Immunotherapy Clinical Trials, Dept. of Medicine
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
The Joanna M. Nicolay Melanoma Foundation and Patient Resource LLC, also thank our corporate grantors for their unrestricted educational grants:
- Amgen, Inc.
- Genentech, Inc. A Member of the Roche Group
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Prometheus Laboratories Inc.
To order individual or multiple complimentary copies of the Patient Resource™ Cancer Guide: Melanoma, contact JMNMF directly at (410) 857-4890; or email: email@example.com; or, visit Patient Resource LLC's online order site.
SOURCE Joanna M. Nicolay Melanoma Foundation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher