|By PR Newswire||
|January 1, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
2013 Literary Prize Season Begins on January 9
Wednesday, January 9th ● 10:00 a.m. sharp!
KING EDWARD HOTEL
Consort Bar, Main Floor, 37 King St. East, Toronto
TORONTO, Jan. 1, 2013 /CNW/ - The 2013 Literary Prize Season in Canada begins when The Charles Taylor Prize for Literary Non-Fiction (CTP) presented by RBC Wealth Management announces its Shortlist for 2013 on January 9th. This prestigious book award recognizes excellence in Canadian non-fiction writing and emphasizes the development of the careers of the authors it celebrates. Now in its 12th year, the CTP has been instrumental in fostering the growth of non-fiction in Canada.
Who will be there:
Host: Noreen Taylor, Founder and Chair, The Charles Taylor Prize Foundation
2013 Jurors: Suzanne Boyce, Richard Gwyn, and Joseph Kertes
Vijay Parmar, Vice President, RBC Wealth Management
Dr. David Staines, Prize Trustee
Canadian publishers & book editors available for comment
Announcing the authors and titles that have been shortlisted for the 12th awarding of The Charles Taylor Prize -- Canada's most prestigious non-fiction award.
King Edward Hotel, Consort Bar, Main Floor, 37 King St. East, Toronto
(Parking: East of King Edward Hotel on Leader Lane)
Be the first to know which books have been selected for this important Shortlist. The $25,000 Prize is awarded annually to the author whose book best demonstrates a superb command of the English language, an elegance of style and a subtlety of thought and perception. An award of $2,000 is provided for each finalist with promotional support for each shortlisted title.
The winner of the 2013 Prize will be announced on Monday, March 4th.
This year, 129 submissions competed for the Charles Taylor Prize's Longlist. Fifteen titles were announced in December. To review the 2013-longlisted authors and their books visit: thecharlestaylorprize.ca
SOURCE Charles Taylor Prize
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks