|By PR Newswire||
|January 1, 2013 04:00 AM EST||
TOKYO, Jan. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Toshiba was the exclusive sponsor for the Official Countdown of the Times Square 2013 New Year's Eve Celebration.
Every year this global event sees over 1 million visitors pack the streets and more than 1 billion viewers worldwide. All eyes were on the giant LED screen atop One Times Square, TOSHIBA VISION Times Square, providing the countdown for the whole world.
In addition to the famous 60-second countdown, the TOSHIBA VISION screen also displayed the Toshiba Hourly Countdown, live music performances and other events at the venue, and some special animations such as one created in collaboration with NASA.
Through its leading role in this event, global manufacturer Toshiba's corporate brand spread worldwide, enhancing its name recognition even further. What's more, utilizing the unique characteristics of the One Times Square LED billboard, not only was the Toshiba brand broadcasting its products and corporate message, but also providing superb seasonal content for the entire world.
Times Square Ball App
Re-launched for 2013, Times Square Ball App for Apple and Android devices allowed users to participate in the New Year's Eve party.
Times Square Ball App (English): http://www.timessquareball.net/app
TOSHIBA VISION live streaming: http://www.livestream.com/toshibavision
Watch a video of the countdown, as well as year-round TOSHIBA VISION content.
The official site of Times Square: http://www.timessquarenyc.org/index.aspx
Getty Images (image.net)/TOSHIBA PR
SOURCE Toshiba Corp.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher