|By PR Newswire||
|December 31, 2012 05:11 PM EST||
SAO PAULO, Dec. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BRF – Brasil Foods S.A. ("BRF" – BM&FBovespa: BRFS3; NYSE: BRFS) pursuant to CVM Rule 358, of January 3, 2002 and article 157, paragraph 4, of Law 6.404/76, hereby announces that it acquired 1/3 of the minority interest of Avex S.A., and through the latter, it acquired the remaining interest in the companies Flora Danica S.A., Flora San Luis S.A. and GB Dan S.A. ("Grupo Danica"), all headquartered in Argentina.
The transaction shall be completed within 90 days, under the terms of the agreement executed between the parties and foresees a US$ 40.5 million investment.
This transaction will allow BRF to integrate its business in Argentina, including the operations of Quickfoods (acquired in July), as well as to gain synergies for integrated business.
Leopoldo Viriato Saboya
Chief Financial and Investor Relations Officer
SOURCE Brasil Foods S.A.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks