|By PR Newswire||
|December 31, 2012 02:20 PM EST||
CHICAGO, Dec. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Howard Drenth has been named Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Presence Medical Group (PMG) effective January 7, 2013. Presence Medical Group is a physician-led multispecialty medical group with over 320 physicians in more than 90 locations throughout the state of Illinois and was created by the merger of Provena Health and Resurrection Health Care. As the PMG CEO, Drenth will provide strategic direction and leadership in collaboration with the Presence Health leadership and physicians to shape the culture and vision for the medical group.
Drenth has more than 15 years of experience as a health system executive with a proven ability to work collaboratively with physicians, hospital administration staff and board members to establish strategic initiatives and achieve outstanding results. He joins Presence Health after spending six years at Kettering Health Network in Dayton, Ohio, where he served as Vice President of Physician Services for Kettering's hospital-owned, multispecialty physician network of over 230 physicians in 85 locations with net revenues over $115 million.
Prior to Kettering, Drenth was a Regional Director at BayCare Health System in Florida where he was responsible for the operations of a five-practice, urgent care, primary care and occupational health organization. He has also served other operational leadership roles for Valley Health Medical Group in New Jersey and U.S. Healthworks in Georgia. A native of Kalamazoo, Michigan, Drenth began his career as an Occupational Health Manager in Michigan.
Drenth obtained his Bachelor's degree at Albion College in Albion, Michigan and his Master's degree in Management from Nazareth College in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He also is a Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE), a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives, a member of the American College of Medical Practice Executives and a member of the Medical Group Management Association.
About Presence Medical Group
A physician-led and patient-focused medical group representing a broad spectrum of primary and specialty care, Presence Medical Group provides accessible, quality care throughout the state of Illinois. Presence Medical Group is part of Presence Health, created by the merger of Provena Health and Resurrection Health Care. To find a Presence Medical Group physician near you, call 855-737-DOCS (855) 737-3627.
About Presence Health
Presence Health is the largest Catholic health system based in Illinois, created in November, 2011 through the merger of Provena Health and Resurrection Health Care. With over 100 sites of care, including 12 hospitals, Presence Health has 22,000 employees, 4,000 medical professionals and a revenue base of nearly $3 billion. Visit presencehealth.org to learn more.
SOURCE Presence Health; Presence Medical Group
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London