|By PR Newswire||
|December 31, 2012 02:00 PM EST||
HONOLULU, Dec. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Calling, downloading apps and surfing the web on the Verizon Wireless network is now easier and faster for residents and travelers on O'ahu thanks to cell sites introduced this year in Kane'ohe, Pearl City, Kapolei, Sand Island, Mapunapuna, downtown Honolulu, Iwilei, Makiki, 'Ewa Beach, Aiea, Mililani, Makaha, Enchanted Lake and Luana Hills in Kailua, Schofield Barracks, 'Ahuimanu, the University of Hawai'i – Manoa area, Kualoa, Turtle Bay and Barbers Point. The cell sites have improved either 4G LTE or 3G coverage and capacity in the following areas:
- 4G LTE cell sites: Kaneohe, Pearl City, Sand Island, Mapunapuna, downtown Honolulu, Iwilei, Makiki, Aiea, Mililani, 'Ewa Beach, Makaha, Enchanted Lake and Luana Hills in Kailua, Schofield Barracks, 'Ahuimanu, the University of Hawai'i – Manoa area, Kualoa, Turtle Bay and Barbers Point.
- 3G cell sites: Mililani, 'Ewa Beach, Schofield Barracks, the University of Hawai'i – Manoa area, and Kualoa
Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network is now available in more than 470 markets across the country, surpassing its previously announced goal of providing its mobile broadband service in 400 markets by the end of 2012. Additional markets are planned for 2012, with 4G LTE coverage of the entire 3G network footprint planned for the end of 2013.
The network upgrade is part of the company's ongoing investment to keep improving and strengthening the nation's largest and most reliable wireless network.
Verizon Wireless on Twitter
To stay up-to-date on Verizon Wireless news in Northern California, Northern Nevada and Hawai'i, follow @VZWheidi on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWheidi.
For the latest network-related news, information and upgrades follow @VZWNews on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves nearly 96 million retail customers, including 90.4 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 75,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher