|By PR Newswire||
|December 31, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
MONDAY, DECEMBER 31: NEW YEAR'S EVE
Profile America — Monday, December 31st. On this New Year's Eve, some 315 million Americans of all ages are ready to greet the year 2013. A hundred years ago, the U.S. population was just over 97 million. Fifty years ago, it was just over 186 million. To show how the nation is growing, by this time tomorrow there will be 10,800 new babies on hand to welcome the new year. Tonight's celebration will see many of the 182,000 musicians and singers in the U.S. entertaining crowds in nightclubs, bars, and restaurants across the country. Also on hand will be most of the 393,000 bartenders and just over 2 million waiters and waitresses. The men and women of the U.S. Census Bureau wish you a happy, safe, and prosperous New Year.
Sources: Chase's Calendar of Events 2012, p. 607
Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970, p. 10
Statistical Abstract of the United States 2012, t. 616
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher