|By PR Newswire||
|December 29, 2012 03:50 PM EST||
MARSHALL, Texas, Dec. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- T. Colin Campbell, Cornell University Professor Emeritus and co-author of best selling nutrition book, The China Study, will deliver the keynote address at Marshall's New Year, New You Health Fest on Friday, Jan. 11 at the Marshall Civic Center, said Mayor Ed Smith.
"Dr. Campbell was our first choice," Smith said. "We are extremely pleased that such a respected pioneer in nutrition will be sharing the depth of his knowledge with us during the first and second day of the 3-day festival."
Campbell, 78, is an American biochemist who specializes in the effects of nutrition on long-term health. He is the author of over 300 research papers and also starred in the 2011 American documentary, Forks Over Knives.
Also speaking at the festival will be Dr. Michael Greger, creator of nutritionfacts.org, Dr. Milton Mills, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, Julieanna Hever, author of The Complete Idiots Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition, Dr. Kerrie Saunders, author of The Vegan Diet as Chronic Disease Prevention, Victoria Moran, author of Main Street Vegan, Ellen Jaffe Jones, author of Eat Vegan on $4 a Day, Gene Baur, co-founder of Farm Sanctuary, and Roberta Schiff, nationally acclaimed presenter and speaker. Cooking demos will be taught by Lindsay Nixon, author of The Happy Herbivore Cookbook, Del Sroufe, author of Forks Over Knives The Cookbook, Chef AJ, author of Unprocessed, and Kathryn Lorusso, PCRM instructor. Fitness sessions will be led by champion bodybuilder, Robert Cheeke and celebrity trainer, John Pierre.
Campbell speaks at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 11, after the 4 p.m. registration and 5:30 p.m. introductory remarks. He also speaks on Saturday, Jan. 12 at 8:30 a.m. at The Marshall Visual Arts Center.
The New Year, New You Health Fest began in 2012 as part of the Get Healthy Marshall community initiative organized by Mayor Ed Smith and his wife, Amanda. The 3-day festival will bring several hundred visitors into Marshall from as far away as California, New Hampshire, New Jersey and Wisconsin.
SOURCE Get Healthy Marshall
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks