|By PR Newswire||
|December 28, 2012 05:46 PM EST||
WALNUT CREEK, Calif., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Calling, downloading apps and surfing the web on the Verizon Wireless network is now easier and faster for residents and travelers in El Dorado County thanks to a new cell site in Placerville. The site improves wireless coverage and capacity along Highway 49, Bar Crest Road, Wallace Road, Gold Hill Road and Lotus Road.
Since being founded in 2000, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $7.2 billion in its California network. Nationally, the company has invested more than $70 billion over that same period to increase the coverage and capacity of its network, and to add new services.
The network upgrade is part of the company's ongoing investment to keep improving and strengthening the nation's largest and most reliable wireless network.
Verizon Wireless on Twitter
To stay up-to-date on Verizon Wireless news in Northern California, Northern Nevada and Hawai'i, follow @VZWheidi on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWheidi.
For the latest network-related news, information and upgrades follow @VZWNews on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves nearly 96 million retail customers, including 90.4 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 75,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher