|By PR Newswire||
|December 28, 2012 05:27 PM EST||
WALNUT CREEK, Calif., Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Calling, downloading apps and surfing the web on the Verizon Wireless network is now easier and faster for residents and travelers in San Luis Obispo County thanks to new cell sites in Cayucos, Grover Beach, Morro Bay, Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo. The sites improve coverage in the following areas:
- Cayucos: Along Cayucos Drive, Highway 101 and Highway 1 between Morro Bay and Cayucos
- Grover Beach: Throughout the sand dunes and the residential neighborhood along Grand Avenue, 3rd Street and Highway 1
- Morro Bay: Along Highway 41 between Morro Bay and Atascadero
- Paso Robles: Along Highway 101, River Road and Wellsona Road
- San Luis Obispo: Along Highway 101 between Morro Bay and San Luis Obispo, O'Connor Way and Highway 1
Since being founded in 2000, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $7.2 billion in its California network. Nationally, the company has invested more than $70 billion over that same period to increase the coverage and capacity of its network, and to add new services.
The network upgrade is part of the company's ongoing investment to keep improving and strengthening the nation's largest and most reliable wireless network.
Verizon Wireless on Twitter
To stay up-to-date on Verizon Wireless news in Northern California, Northern Nevada and Hawai'i, follow @VZWheidi on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWheidi.
For the latest network-related news, information and upgrades follow @VZWNews on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves nearly 96 million retail customers, including 90.4 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 75,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks