|By PR Newswire||
|December 28, 2012 10:31 AM EST||
Teamsters Local 853 In Northern California Honor Picket Lines
MIAMI, Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- An unfair labor practice strike by Teamsters at Local 769 in Miami at BlueLinx Corp. has spread to Northern California, where members of Teamsters Local 853 are now honoring picket lines.
"The expansion of the strike is an extremely positive development for Teamsters seeking justice at BlueLinx," said Mike Scott, President of Teamsters Local 769. "We want to thank our brothers and sisters in Northern California for supporting us." Teamsters Local 853 is based in San Leandro, Calif.
Local 769 Teamsters were forced to strike Dec. 17 in Florida because of mistreatment by executives at BlueLinx, a wholly owned subsidiary of Atlanta-based BlueLinx Holdings [NYSE: BXC]. BlueLinx is the largest building products wholesaler in the country and operates in the contiguous 48 states. Teamster drivers at BlueLinx haul construction materials.
Scott said BlueLinx Teamsters have worked hard to make the company a success and the expansion of the strike makes them even more determined to stand up for their rights.
Founded in 1903, the Teamsters Union represents more than 1.4 million hardworking men and women in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Visit www.teamster.org for more information. Follow us on Twitter @Teamsters and "like" us on Facebook.
SOURCE Teamsters Local 769
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks