|By PR Newswire||
|December 28, 2012 10:31 AM EST||
Family & Friends Encouraged to Share Memories of World's Most Celebrated Art Enthusiast
MONTE CARLO, Monaco, Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A website celebrating the life of Giuseppe (Joe) Nahmad has been launched to provide a lasting memorial to the controversial art dealer/collector. Nahmad (1932-2012) leaves behind a warehouse of masterpieces in inventory with an estimated value close to $4 billion.
In addition to buying and selling huge inventories of classic modern art, Nahmad's private collection includes the world's largest number of works by Picasso – approximately 300 works valued at $900 million.
As the art world reflects on his passing, those wishing to pay respects are encouraged to visit the memorial site and share their favorite memories and experiences. The online memorial may be found at http://giuseppenahmad.com/
In addition to the opportunity to share personal memories and experiences, the memorial site includes details of Nahmad's legendary career, flamboyant lifestyle, and secretive business dealings that made him one of the most successful and celebrated art dealers in the world.
Giuseppe Nahmad died in Monte Carlo, Monaco on November 23, 2012 and was buried on November 26, 2012 in Jerusalem, next to his parents. Most of his surviving siblings, and nieces and nephews attended, although the family did not disseminate news of his death to the media.
Joe Nahmad never married and had no children. As to the disposition of the estate absent direct survivors, the surviving members of the immediate family are expected to inherit significant shares of Mr. Nahmad's fortune.
A forthcoming exhibition of works from his collection, scheduled for July 11, 2013 at the Grimaldi Forum in Monte Carlo, will feature his estate's works by Picasso.
Please visit http://giuseppenahmad.com/
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher