|By Marketwired .||
|December 28, 2012 10:07 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 12/28/12 -- The Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) collected over 300 pairs of shoes as a part of their annual donation drive. Throughout the summer and into the fall, members donated their gently worn shoes to Dress for Success and Career Gear. The annual drive is one of several charitable causes that REBNY organizes yearly in support of the community.
"The shoe drive is yet another example of REBNY's commitment to both improve the lives of those in need and make New York a better place to live and work," said Jeanne Oliver Taylor, vice president of Brokerage Services. "We are particularly encouraged that this year's drive will benefit many who are aspiring for an employment opportunity."
"The donations are extremely important," said Caroline Moss, Corporate Contributions Manager at Dress for Success. "So many of our women and their families live in the low-income areas, and we are working hard to ensure we can help as much as we can!"
Ruth McCoy, Executive Vice President, Brown Harris Stevens Residential Real Estate and Donation Drive Coordinator added, "Career Gear and Dress for Success are both great organizations that provide invaluable services. I am so pleased and appreciative that our community came out with such overwhelming support through their donations."
Dress for Success is an international nonprofit organization that promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing them with professional clothing, employment retention programs and ongoing support.
Career Gear is a national nonprofit organization offering interview clothing and job counseling to men in need.
While REBNY members donate their time and resources to innumerable causes both in New York and nationwide, The Real Estate Board of New York as an organization is involved in organizing several charitable initiatives throughout the year. The REBNY Member in Need Fund, for example, gives financial grants to REBNY members facing hardship because of a physical illness or a family crisis. Over the last 24 years, the REBNY has raised more than $2 million for various charities.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher